How many times have you said that you want yo do something and then you just completely forget about it??? Like, you want to go to Venice to a masquerade ball or you want to go to the tomato throwing festivals in Spain… All these things can be done. Write them down in the form of a bucket list. I was genuinely surprised with the amount of people that don’t make a bucket list. It can be anything from learning to drive, speaking Arabic, falling in love or shifting some fella on the top of the Eiffel Tower!!! I always have a notebook on my person, I am always making lists and notes, I am very organised and don’t forget things lightly (a good and bad thing!).
When you are working shift, there can be a lot of free time during the week when you are free to do whatever you want, start by making a bucket list and do it.
So many times people put things on the back burner, what have you got to lose try everything! I am going to share mine with you now to try and inspire or motivate everyone reading this to do the same. It costs nothing to make one but just having one can ignite a fire in you for a passion to take more risks.
Below is my bucket list with a few reasons why underneath them. They are generally grouped into travel, dreams and ambition.
- Climbing Machu Picu and trek the Inca trail
- Go to Coachella
- Go to Yosemite National Park.
- Travel the Camino De Santiago
- Go to every County in Ireland and climb all the mountains
- Go skiing in Whistler, Canada
- Witness Cherry Blossom Season in Japan
- See all the major cities in Italy
- Do yoga in Santorrini, Greece
- Surf in Hawaii
- See the Northern Lights
- Go to Ocktober Fest in Germany
- Go on a cruise (preferably a Jamaican Reggae Cruise with Damian Marley)
- Walk from Bray to Greystones (coastal walk) and have lunch in the Happy Pear and then get the DART back to Bray.
- Climb Mount Snowden.
I want to see it all, but the things that I want to see for sure are listed above.Going to South America and seeing Machu Picu for myself is an ultimate dream of mine. It was something I was going to do this year but I decided I would start saving to buy a house instead. To be honest, I could still take my savings and disappear into the abyss someday soon. I have always wanted to go to Coachella, the music festival that takes place in Indio, California. Luckily I went in 2015 with some good friends of mine and California did not disappoint. I want to go back now and go to Yosemite National Park and climb and explore there. I literally want to see most of the major mountains and breathtaking outdoor scenes in the world. Then you have the usual things like the northern lights and German beer!
- Slapping a handsome Kevie in the face with a wet salmon….
I can’t really explain how this one came to mind, it just seems satisfying. I will have to get photo graphical evidence. I have a pinky promise on this one.
- Host a donkey derby (Castletown donkey derby 30th anniversary maybe!) See what I mean here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XtVm8z28e4
- Go on a yoga retreat
- Learn the full Ashtanga Sequence
- Try all types of yoga
- Go to India and study yoga and do intense training
- Publish a Book
- Do a cookery course
- Study Physcology
- Run a 10K
- Do volunteer work
- Learn to surf
- Enter a crossfit competition
- Get proverbial whiplash from headbanging at a System of A Down Concert.
I am lucky enough to be going on an Ashtanga Yoga Retreat for 1 week in February (I will do a blog about this), we are actually going to be doing cookery courses too. I have done some volunteer work, I just want to do more. I have been surfing but I never gave it a real shot, that is something I really need to get into. I hate running, completing a 10K would be a huge feat for me. Living in Ireland there is so much opportunity to go and catch a wave.
Physcology, because who doesn’t want to know more about the workings of the mind? I don’t think owning a copy of the book; ‘CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) for dummies’ is enough for me.
- Fall in love (Maybe I have, maybe I haven’t….You can’t force this one, I do love my dogs though!)
- Tell people that I love them (not too much though…).
Forget love — I’d rather fall in chocolate! ~Sandra J. Dykes
HOMELY AMBITIONS FOR THE NEAR FUTURE
- I want to own donkeys (Call them Salt and Pepper… or Rhubarb and Custard)
- Learn how to play the decks properly.
- Own my dream home (yoga room with a giant Buddha, an unreal kitchen, a nice teapot etc.)
- Sell things at a market (mainly cakes, I have done it already but only once)
- Make a really cool cake, like really tall and full of chocolate!
- Make an entire fancy afternoon tea from scratch
- Make my own Gin
- Own a Dyson hoover
I can’t wait to have a house and host dinner parties, bake in pyjamas and get up in the middle of night to shower or eat coco-pops or both simultaneously!
I LOVE MUSIC. I want to get decks when I get a house and really learn to mix all the music that I love. That is where the donkeys will live and where my business will start… I have so many dreams that I want to make reality and soon. Sonos speakers and the fairymojo* mix on loud… the dream kiddd! I liked gin before it was cool, I want to make a mojo magic mix gin someday. I like hoovering.
Home is where the wi‑fi connects automatically. ~Internet meme
MINDFULNESS and CARING
- Inspire someone
- Save someone
- Meditate more and gain enlightenment
- Keep a diary
- Skinny dip in the ocean while the sunsets and rises
- Teach people (anything from how to make my Dad’s stew to drive)
(THOSE WOMEN WERE IN THE NIP)
Whether it be offering support, listening to someone or offering advice, you can actually made a huge change in someone’s life. I have offered support to certain people and it definitely made a difference. I was a teacher for a while and I taught people how to count and speak English, that personally, is very rewarding.
I am religiously keeping a diary for 2017. This something that I think a lot of people wish they had done. I know when my Boss’ grandmother passed away she found a lot of comfort in reading through her grandmother’s old diaries. Not sure that I would like my grandchildren reading mine… different generation I guess, they were a lot more innocent….’nuff said! I have met some many inspirational people in my life, they have done or said the simplest things to/for me and I will never forget them. It really doesn’t take much.
Meditation is something that I am really trying to get my head around at the moment, it is difficult. I actually went to the Sunyata Buddhist retreat center in Sixmilebridge and completed a workshop on meditation and mindfulness, it helped me significantly. The calm App that is available from the playstore on your phone is so good too. It has a fantastic 7 day meditation programme that can really help you get started.
Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping him up. ~Jesse Jackson
- Learn something totally out of line with my current qualifications.
- Never stop learning new things
“You can never be overdressed or overeducated.”
- Stay away from negativity (Some people are just shit and not everybody will like you, I know this….The trick is not to care)
- Ultimately, I want to be Happy (if you have this, everything else will follow)
Don’t put the key to happiness in someone else’s pocket. ~Author Unknown
The list is always a work in progress, I have done some of the things on my list. I’ve probably forgotten many things here. There is lots more you and I can do though: fly a kite, stargaze, ride a unicycle, have a dinner party, make a candle, learn to appreciate wine, learn all the varieties…eat a whole wheel of cheese…
Is there anything I should be adding to the list???
Do everything on your list before you kick the bucket!